Volunteers are critical to us. We have been able to care for so many animals because of volunteers. Volunteering can be a rewarding experience in many ways. You may have a skill or experience that is beneficial to the animals.
Whether you volunteer for a day, a week or longer, the animals at the shelter truly appreciate the time you spend with them.
To help you decide which volunteer opportunity is right for you, here are some ways in which you can help animals.
- Provide hands on care, personal attention and love which the animals need the most. Volunteer activities include spending quiet time petting and getting to know your favourite animals.
- Foster a dog or cat until they are adopted.
- Walking/playing with the dogs and cats, grooming and general cleaning.
- Assist in adoption events and their promotion. We try to place all adoptable animals into loving homes. The dogs, puppies, cats and kittens are fixed, de-wormed, vaccinated and tested for any health issues before being put up for adoption.
- Lead donation drives at your workplace.
- Help with landscaping at the shelter.
- Help administrative staff with their tasks.
- Become a volunteer mentor. A volunteer mentor has the ability to train new volunteers.